Apex Leaders - Business Development Manager
Apex Leaders equips private equity firms who are looking to buy established companies with customized consultants to help inform their investments. Our team of incredibly bright and innovative minds produce exceptional results for our clients and drive strong growth for the company. Apex Leaders has seen aggressive year-over-year growth since the inception of the company in 2009 and we are positioned well in the market.
We are currently looking to add a phenomenal Business Development Manager to our sales team. Business Development Manager will report directly to the CEO.
For this position, we are specifically looking for a rock star who is:
- Driven, ambitious, and tenacious - motivated by “the game” and the challenge of selling
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and extroverted
- Collaborative and proactive in executing with little supervision
- Stimulated by a fast-paced, metrics-driven organization
- Focused on delivering results and exceeding goals
- Use email, phone, social media, and in-person meetings to schedule and conduct high-level conversations with key decision makers at private equity firms
- Achieve weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales goals and present progress towards performance metrics
- Continue the development and refinement of Apex Leaders lead generation group - improve processes, messaging, KPIs, and reporting for inside sales efforts
- Work diligently and creatively to source leads independently
- Identify, research and qualify new leads, cold leads, old opportunities, and lapsed customers
- Track and report on all sales activity within internal databases
- Possess a strong understanding of Apex Leaders’ service offerings and operations; be able to discuss in the context of potential customers’ operations
- Sell 4 trials in first six months in the position, sell 10 trials in first 12 months
- Establish testing methodology to ensure continual improvement of all metrics across the lead generation function
- Travel to meet with prospective clients and to industry conferences (travel expectation is up to 20% per month)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-6+ years of experience in Sales Development, Lead Generation, and/or Sales. Previous experience selling to Private Equity firms, Hedge funds, Strategy Consultancies, and/or financial services firms is desired, but not required.
- Experience selling $200k+ contracts
- Salesforce proficiency
- Proven track record of succeeding in a goal-driven environment
- Excellent oral (including call control) and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels of an organization, including C-level executives and middle management, with Type A personalities
- Ability to quickly learn new processes and technology; proactively work to improve internal processes as necessary
Up for the challenge? Click "Apply" to complete our application. One of our team members will be in touch within 24 hours.
More about Apex Leaders
At Apex Leaders, we emphasize having fun and fostering a laid-back and lighthearted office environment. We pause to celebrate each other and our successes daily. That said, the right candidate will not confuse our laid-back atmosphere with our drive to deliver excellence. We are ambitious, focused, and dedicated to not just achieving, but exceeding, our goals.
We are headquartered in beautiful Boise, Idaho, though our work takes us globally - our clients are located all across the nation and we deliver advisers from all over the globe. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and an environment that rewards performance and fosters personal and professional growth. Additionally, we are proud to be ranked one of Idaho's Best Places to Work.